SALEM NUCLEAR STATION – ADVANCED DIGITAL FEEDWATER CONTROL SYSTEM
Hancock’s Bridge, New Jersey
Client: PSEG Nuclear
Advanced Digital Feedwater Control Systems provide steam generator level control via feedwater regulating valves and provide steam pressure control via atmospheric relief vales. Sargent & Lundy supported Salem Nuclear Station with the engineering and design of the ADFCS upgrade. The completed design change package included updates to over 250 plant design drawings, multiple revisions to station design calculations, and incorporation of new vendor documents and software configuration control documents into the PSEG document management system. Upon completion of the design change package, the station successfully installed, tested, and commissioned the new ADFCS with minimal impact during the outage.
Sargent & Lundy provided engineering support throughout the project’s life cycle, from project conception through installation and testing. This Sargent & Lundy support included:
- Producing a conceptual design study to aid PSEG Nuclear in defining the scope of the ADFCS upgrade
- Preparing a procurement specification
- Developing the design change package
- Providing markups to the affected maintenance and operations procedures.
- Drafting the modification acceptance test procedures
- Providing onsite engineering support during the installation and testing activities
For more information about our services, please visit our Nuclear Power page.