WILDCAT POINT GENERATION FACILITY
Rising Sun, Maryland (adjacent to Rock Springs Generation Facility in Cecil County)
Combined-cycle / 1000 MW nominal / 2x2x1
Client: Old Dominion Electric Cooperative
- MHI 501GAC combustion turbines (CTs) (2)
- Alstom heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) (2)
- Alstom steam turbine (ST)
- SMIT GSUs
- 16-cell counterflow mechanical-draft cooling tower in back-to-back configuration
- One distributed control system (DCS)
- Emergency diesel generator (EDG)
- Raw and demineralized water treatment facilities
- Administration building with control room
- Maintenance/warehouse building
- 2017 – Commercial operation
Old Dominion Electric Cooperative (ODEC) awarded the competitively bid Wildcat Point Generation Facility engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) project to White Oak Power Constructors (WOPC), the joint venture (JV) of PCL Industrial Construction Company and Sargent & Lundy. The Wildcat Point site is located in Rising Sun, Maryland (adjacent to Rock Springs Generation Facility in Cecil County). The project is on an existing operating site with four combustion turbines in Cecil County, Maryland, adjacent to the Pennsylvania state border. The facility is a state-of-the-art advanced combined-cycle 2×1 configuration employing MHI and Alstom technologies, with commercial operation scheduled for 2017.
As the EPC contractor, WOPC is responsible for engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of all work necessary to install the plant, including the associated mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls (I&C), and civil, structural, and architectural scopes. Sargent & Lundy has responsibility for all detailed design, engineered equipment procurement, commissioning, and JV executive management.
- Detailed engineering and design
- Engineered equipment procurement
- EPC JV executive management
For more information about our services, please visit our Coal, Oil & Gas page.