Alexandria Area Improvements
near Muncie, Indiana
Client: American Electric Power
Sargent & Lundy EPC Joint Venture with EC Source Services
- Engineering and Design /Procurement
- Construction, Testing, and Commissioning
The Alexandria Area Improvements Project near Muncie, Ind., is being implemented to provide voltage support and to upgrade or replace existing aging infrastructure at several substations.
The project includes two new greenfield substations, major modifications at three substations, various modifications at five substations, and retirement of three substations.
- Building two new substations (Aladdin and Makahoy)
- Retiring two existing substations (Alexandria and Mullin)
- Complete Demolition/Rebuild of one existing substation (Ohio Oil)
- Modifications at seven substations (Strawton, Jones Creek, South Summitville, Elwood, South Elwood, Arnold Hogan, and Pendleton)
The execution of this project was performed as a Joint Venture entity called ECSL. Sargent & Lundy is providing the project management, procurement, and engineering & design for these projects. EC Source is providing the construction services.
The engineering work began in March 2016. Construction started in September 2016 and will be complete in June 2018.
For more information about our services, please visit our Power Transmission page.
For information about EC Source, go to ecsourceservices.com.
For information about American Electric Power, go to www.aep.com
Additional information on the Infrastructure Program projects:
69kV & 138kV Infrastructure Improvement Projects in Six States: Project Profile