STATE LINE STATION FOSSIL SEPARATION PROJECT
Client: Exelon Corporation (ComEd)
- Substation engineering and design
- Material engineering procurement support
- Construction field services
Dominion Resource’s State Line Fossil Station was retired as part of a Clean Energy Act initiative. As a result of the retirement of the station, ComEd’s State Line Switchyard needed to be separated from the generating station. The separation required the installation of all new relay panels inside the existing switchyard control building, a new cable trough system, pedestal boxes, and conduits at the former State Line site, and five remote substations required line and communications upgrades.
- Preparation of scope of work documents
- Design of new relay panels and field cables
- Design of extension of the existing control building to accommodate a 250-VDC battery
- Design of new 12-kV feed from the switchyard
- Material management
- Testing support
For more information about our services, please visit our Power Transmission page.