LEWIS & CLARK STATION 2
Natural Gas-Fired RICE / 2×9 MW / 18 MW Total
Client: Montana – Dakota Utilities Co.
- Start construction: March 2015
- RICE commercial operation: Q1 2016
Sargent & Lundy was contracted by Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. (MDU) to provide engineering services to support the development of a new natural gas-fired Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engine (RICE) generation facility at the Lewis & Clark Station in Sidney, Montana. Lewis & Clark 2 consists of two 9-MW RICE units that will be placed into commercial operation in Q1 2016. The new facility is designed for the extremely cold Montana winters, with a design temperature of -40°F.
- Technology selection support
- Development of conceptual design
- Permitting support
- Detailed engineering, design and procurement
- Construction management and commissioning
Click here to get the Project Profile for additional information.
Read more about Sargent & Lundy’s experience with RICE technology.
For more information about our services, please visit our Coal, Oil & Gas services page.