ENRICO FERMI UNIT 3
Monroe County, Michigan
USNRC Licensing Support for ESBWR 4,500 MWt Reactor
Sargent & Lundy has been supporting DTE Electric Company in their development of the Combined Operating License Application (COLA) for Fermi 3. This proposed new unit is based on the advanced-design GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy ESBWR (Economic Simplified Boiling Water Reactor).
Key facets of Sargent & Lundy support have been performing the site-specific seismic analysis of the seismic category I structures and providing technical support for these analyses through completion of the licensing of Fermi 3.
- Calculations and reports for the SSI analysis for the reactor building/fuel building and for the control building considering different soil and backfill assumptions
- Calculations and reports evaluating the reactor building/fuel building and control building dynamic bearing capacity, foundation stability, and wall seismic soil pressures
- Calculations and reports documenting sensitivity studies of the seismic interaction between adjacent structures
- Preparation of responses to Requests for Additional Information (RAIs) and material for inclusion in the FSAR documenting the results of the analysis
- Support for technical presentations to the Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards (ACRS) and mandatory hearings before the commissioners
Licensing Basis SSI Analyses of Reactor/Fuel Building and Control Building Summary Report (ADAMS Accession No. ML13210A144). To view or download a copy, go to example report page.
Modified Subtraction Method (MSM) Control Building Benchmark Summary Report (ADAMS Accession No. ML13175A263). To view or download a copy, go to example report page.
SSSI Sensitivity Studies of CB and FWSC with Engineered Backfill Summary Report (ADAMS Accession No. ML13232A006). To view or download a copy, go to example report page.
For more information about our services, please visit our Nuclear Power page.