DRESDEN HARDENED CONTAINMENT VENTILATION SYSTEM (HCVS)
Client: Exelon Generation
In order to meet the requirements of NRC Order EA-13-109, NRC Interim Staff Guidance JLD-ISG-2013-02 and NEI 13-02, Sargent & Lundy performed engineering activities necessary for the installation of a reliable HCVS in Dresden Station, Units 2 & 3.
The HCVS design activities were broken down into multiple tasks resulting in two ECs for each unit; one outage and one non-outage for a wetwell vent issued to support installation during outages. The HCVS design activities included the following major design tasks:
- HCVS vent piping addition
- Primary containment isolation valve (PCIV) pneumatic supply
- Vent stack temperature and radiation monitoring
- PCIV valve controls and position indication
- DC power supply system
- Argon purge system for hydrogen detonation prevention
For more information about our services, please visit our Nuclear Power page.