BURNHAM TAYLOR TRANSMISSION CABLE PROJECT
Client: Exelon Corporation - ComEd
- Transmission line engineering and design
- Substation engineering and design
- Collection system engineering and design
- Material and equipment procurement support
- Construction field services
Sargent & Lundy performed engineering and construction management for the installation of the 345-kV XLPE cable and reconfiguration of the HPFF cable systems between the Taylor Street 345-kV GIS and the 345-kV Garfield Terminal. The project included modifying the overhead connections and the installation of 345-kV series line inductors and breakers at Calumet Substation. The double-circuit transmission line ran from downtown Chicago south on State Street approximately 6.2 miles to Garfield Terminal.
- 6.2 miles of double-circuit XLPE transmission cable in downtown Chicago
- Installation of cable under the Chicago River, crossing of heavy-rail tracks, and under the Stevenson Expressway
- Modification and installation of GIS and AIS 345-kV terminations, inductors, and circuit breakers
- Scheduling, construction management, and commissioning support for the four substations and four transmission lines
- 345-kV XLPE terminations at Garfield Substation
For more information about our services, please visit our Power Transmission page.