Thomas White took over the leadership of Sargent & Lundy in January 2014, having served previously in executive positions as President, Executive VP of Sargent & Lundy's Fossil Power Group, and Senior VP & Project Director.
From 2009 - 2013, he was responsible for the performance of S&L's Fossil Power business group, overseeing the execution of all related work and expanding the firm's portfolio of clients and projects. During his 10-year tenure as Project Director, he led numerous complex power projects for multiple utilities. These projects encompassed new greenfield and brownfield natural gas-fired and coal-fired power plants and major coal plant modification programs, including emission control systems retrofits and repowering. He also served as S&L's Executive Committee Member for several major project joint ventures.
White joined Sargent & Lundy in 1985 after several years as a field engineer and rose rapidly in the company through the project management ranks. As an engineer and project manager, he was engaged in diverse new generation and modification projects, system planning studies, and environmental compliance planning.
Industry and Civic Involvement
- Member of the Board of Directors: Nuclear Energy Institute
- Member: Construction Industry Roundtable
- Member: United Way Tocqueville Advisory Committee
- Served on National Coal Council 2009-2014 (Federal Advisory Committee to the U.S. Secretary of Energy)
- Admitted to Sargent & Lundy Ownership in 2000
- Registered Professional Engineer in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, and North Dakota
- B.S. Metallurgical Engineering from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign