A Legacy of Technical Proficiency
Sargent & Lundy was created on the technical strengths of its founders, with roots that date all the way back to Thomas Edison. Since then, our generations of engineers and technical experts have been leaders in shaping the power industry in the United States and around the world.
Our industry leadership continues to this day and includes the following contributions:
- Over 190 positions on power industry code committees, including ASME, ACI, AISC, ANS, ASTM, IEEE, ISA, and NFPA, among others
- Current leadership as Chair, Vice Chair, or Officer on 24 of the above code committees
- Continuous investment and leadership participation in power industry conferences and seminars throughout the world
- Industry recognition as a leader in state-of-the-art technical training
A Center of Engineering Experience and Expertise
We employ specialists in all areas of power plant and power transmission system engineering and design, including construction support, as evidenced by the following indicators of experience and expertise:
- 69% of our employees are engineers, and 87% of our employees are either engineers or designers.
- Our staff includes over 740 licensed professional engineers, holding a total of 1,550 professional engineering licenses.
- Our staff of 2,500 has received over 3,200 degrees from 650 colleges and universities, including more than 330 advanced engineering degrees.
- 20% of our employees have more than 25 years of service with the firm.
A Culture of Technical Excellence
Sargent & Lundy’s quality management and technical training system, recognized throughout the industry, includes the following attributes:
- Our system of processes promotes consistency and technical excellence, while giving process leaders a forum for sharing state-of-the-art knowledge and promoting innovation.
- More than 160 process owners govern more than 220 processes.
- In addition to the process owners, each process includes one or more subject-matter specialists responsible for keeping abreast of technology and transferring knowledge to others in the organization.
- Our systematic approach to training, integrated with our processes and process qualifications and driven by continuous analysis of industry developments, has been recognized in the industry as exemplary.
- Our Performance Improvement Program (PIP) informs our processes and training program, ensuring continuous improvement and communication of best practices.